Wednesday, September 18, 2013

This Is Kind of About Illustration, Right?

Sooo the roomie and I have a guest staying with us this weekend and I have a paper to write ... meaning that Wednesday afternoon was spent cleaning. And our room is now spotless.And since the room is so clean, naturally I have to take pictures of it. Which is almost kind of like blogging about illustration. Also, I haven't started finished my Illustration homework for Friday so I can't even blog about that and since you (meaning Rusty, because I'm pretty sure that's the only person who actually reads this blog besides my mother) were complaining about how the blogs are dry or whatnot, I decided to show off how crafty we are. 

So, without further adieu ... here we go. 

So here we have our lovely nautical door decs #sopreppy


Panoramic view of the room (which I juuuust figured out how to do on my phone #thanksios7)



And here's the most Catholic corner of a dorm room in the entire world. 


So here's the first round of crafts: I had a ton of pictures that I wanted to display but not a ton of room to do so. So I printed about a million pictures (roughly) on cardstock and then printed them in black and white and adhered them to some light green wrapping paper from the dollar store. 

Then came the quote ... which isn't entirely straight so that's kind of ridiculous but I reeeeally don't want to redo it. But I really liked the Mother Teresa quote and just traced some letters on the light pink dollar store wrapping store paper and taped them up on the wall. 

Annnnnd the third one is some little garland deal made up of some twine and triangles from an old Lilly Pulitzer planner that I had. 


Here is the next round of crafts (and by that I mean one craft). Here's a bit more of the wrapping paper, with a makeshift monogram that I did in gouache of a Lilly print that I had.  


And here's my desk, which I just reorganized and I'm really proud of how nicely it's organized now. 


And a closeup of the desk. 


So here's some more work with gouache. I did the middle one over the summer, again inspired by a Lilly print (it's only a little bit of an obsession, it's fine). And then last weekend I decided I needed to do something else with the other two canvases I had .. So I worked in some quotes. Note: Song of Songs 7:7-8 


Just a view of the room from the door. 


We put up tulle and twinkle lights so basically we're living out the dreams we had for a bedroom when we were six. 


And the view from the bathroom door. (Also it's really convenient that my roommate's name is Elizabeth because we can both decorate with E's and it counts for both of us)


Lizbeth (the roomie) went the twine route when it came to displaying her pictures. Which turned out really cool, and then she used a frame to make a collage over her bed of pictures. Also, those curtains are fabric from Walmart + hot glue. #crafty


Also we did this E. And by we I mean I did it. We got a bunch of flowers from the dollar store and cut off the ends (which totally and completely ruined my scissors because I forgot that there was wire ... so that's good) and then hot glued them onto some cardboard.


And here's the final view. I forgot about the orange thing, which says "Your love never fails" which was some Helvetica vinyl letters and some yellow and pink acrylic paint over it, and then pulled off the letters. So basically a mask of vinyl letters. 


Okay I'm going to go get on that Illustration homework now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment