Friday, September 6, 2013

Natural Illustration

Waaaaayyyyyyy overdue on this post. Sorry, Rusty.

So here are my ten natural line art illustrations.

In ways of reflections, I'm kind of happy with how these ones turned out. I spent about 25 minutes on each one, but towards the end I ran out of ideas of styles. Confession time: I couldn't find my black ink so I mixed some black paint (watercolor) and thought it was consistent and apparently it was not and I ended up with tone and I'm sorry again Rusty for jumping ahead and apparently ruining your life with that one. (This blog post is just turning into one big apology letter. Gooood.)

I've also been getting in this habit of doing 11 illustrations instead of ten (usually because I just miscount), which is kind of nice because then it allows me to find the least horrible one and not display it. Although usually I forget about folding it over or cutting it off and then I just cover it up with another piece of paper when all of the illustrations are out on the desk but then someone (looking at you, Rusty) foils my plan of hiding my imperfections and all just goes to hell. But it's fine.

Anyway, here are those illustrations I mentioned above before rambling on about nothing:









No comments:

Post a Comment