Friday, October 25, 2013

I Was Drunk the Day My Momma Got Out of Prison

So ... not to inflate your ego and give you the impression that you're actually funny, Rusty, but I informed my mother of this morning's events and this was the response: 

 

 There is now only one person  another person in the Rusty Nelson Fan Club. 

... so there's that. 

But in real life news, here are the re-submissions for my midterm portfolio.

According to the little grade sheet thing, I am resubmitting these for Watercolor 2, 3, and 4, as well as Gouache 2. 



Watercolor 2: This was part of the 10 A Days, I believe on the ones focused on skyscapes. I spent about twenty five minutes on this piece, fulfilling the time budget. I think I utilized the medium well here in this piece, especially in regards to the reflection of the sky in the water. If I were to redo this watercolor, I would approach the boat and ripples differently. 


Watercolor 3: This piece was in the first set of watercolors, and took a little over twenty minutes. I liked how I handled the tone in the trees, but wish I would have spent more time in the foreground. 



Watercolor 4: This piece was a part of the "Skyscapes" Assignment, and took a little over twenty five minutes, which was the budget. This is a painting of a sunrise, and I think I depicted that scene well. I like the interaction between the two hues in the sky, achieved through a wet on wet technique. If I were to do this piece over again, I would use a less harsh hue than black to depict the trees. 


Gouache 2: This gouache piece involved a lot of layering of the medium to achieve the effect. I had initially utilized the pick out technique, but it wasn't working to my liking so I just started adding differing layers of gouache to achieve the darkness and highlights. If I were to redo this piece, I would approach the bright white highlights differently, and only use them when absolutely necessary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment