Monday, October 21, 2013

Global Slavery.

For the submission to Truman's Lincoln contest depicting modern slavery, I chose the topic of modern child slavery. To convey this concept, I drew a pair of baby feet wrapped in chains. Here is the marker comp: 





And the final: 



There was no budget for this project (according to god) or I'm just blind and can't find it on the blog. But I had an initial concept that wasn't working but probably spent about three hours on the marker comp for that one. And by marker comp I mean it was actually Prismacolors because I only have 12 markers and about 1 of those 12 was one that I could actually use for this assignment. So regardless, I spent three hours with the initial marker comp, about one hour on this marker comp here, and from about 11 until 2 on Friday night (I'm super cool, I know) working on the final. So all in all it was about eight hours. I still have a little bit more to do with this one but I will upload the file I use for printing to my blog when it's all done and pretty (and doesn't cut off a chunk of the image, thanks lab scanners)


No comments:

Post a Comment