Monday, August 26, 2013

Line Art + Wacom Tablet

So I decided to postpone blogging about the line art assignment in order to ensure a high quality reproduction (note: not pictures from my phone) and waited until I had a chance to scan said images. So here are the ten line art drawings:



So here they are. 

I chose a vintage phone to draw, which probably wasn't the best choice. Actually I played around with a few options and either A. this was the least worst (which is a way to describe things, right?) or B. I was fed up with trying to choose an object and went with this. But regardless, here are my drawings. I opted to stylize most of these drawings, but still tried to maintain the basic form of this object. I also played around with different medium. I used Micron pens for a few, fine point Sharpies for a few others, and even broke out the big guns (not really, just black ink) for the two on the bottom. Also, I think the fact that the brand of ink was called "Black Magic" means that these drawings are cursed. Or they're just cursed anyway. These aren't my favorite nor are they my best work, but I think I was challenged by the parameters of creating ten different styles. 

And then ... there's this. 

This is the first time that I've used a Wacom tablet, and I don't entirely hate it ... yet. Here are three of digital vs. by hand: (digital is on the left) 

"Don't worry, these are supposed to suck"

Thanks Rusty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment