Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Classical Music




So classical music ... I started out with the idea that I wanted to do some kind of watercolor drip with line art. I chose the subject of musical instruments. I used Bach's "Cello Suites" as well as Mozart's "French Horn Concerto No. 4". I started with the cello but later realized it would not translate well into a square, so did the French Horn as well, seen below. 

Annnnnd then decided this didn't work quite as well as the cello did so with a little bit of playing around in Photoshop and a lot of whining, I ended up with this: 


The whole "balance" thing was an issue here, as the cello had been so close to the right edge of the composition that it was throwing the left off balance. To combat this, I added in paint drops (taken from the French horn piece, see above) to fill the left side of the piece. However, it wasn't really working, so with some help from Rusty (thanks, I guess) I was able to create a composition that was actually balanced and worked. I then put in the type which was aligned to the thing where the strings go on the cello (technical terms here) because this is a grid and I love grids and I always use grids because grids grids grids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment